Head of Ad Sales/Commercial Strategy Poland
Business Group: AMC Networks International UK
Responsible for coordination of the Affiliate Partnership/Sales team and the team’s associated support and administration work at AMCNI-UK – team as based in Poland and London. This role will be based in Poland.
Key Facts and Figures:
AMC Networks International (AMCNI), the global division of AMC Networks, delivers entertaining and acclaimed programming that reaches subscribers in more than 140 countries and territories, including Africa, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. AMCNI consists of global brands, Sundance TV and AMC, as well as popular, locally recognised channels in various programming genres. AMC Networks and International have 2,000 or so employees in the US and internationally.
AMC Networks International UK manages a portfolio of channel brands including AMC, Sundance TV, CBS Reality, CBS Europa and CBS Justice; and has responsibility for affiliate and advertising sales also in relevant markets for JimJam/Polsat JimJam.
Coordination and admin support of Affiliate Partnerships/Sales team (incl affiliate sales, ad sales and affiliate marketing in Poland and other)
• To coordinate the Affiliate Partnership/Sales team and associated support and admin activities in Poland and London
• Coordination of travel requirements (via London) for the Affiliate Partnership/Sales team and their clients as may be required from time to time.
• To understand and help monitor and coordinate sales processes – such as team availability, team location/whereabouts, deal memos, contract coordination, inter-departmental communication, company policy
• General administration such as team expenses, some elements of sales associated finance, PO processing, deal filing/system input. Subscriber details and associated system entry, analysis and monitoring, including open window subscribers etc
• Coordination and support of Affiliate Partnerships/Sales team at sales events – such as conferences, affiliate trips, dinners and meetings. And potential attendance at such events (in Poland) as may be required
• Coordination of Affiliate Sales team admin including coordination of contract chasing and signature finalisation processes, plus contract maintenance and contract system management
• Handle market requests and queries, such as delivering assets including logos, schedules, images, promos, brand guidelines and other materials
• To help prepare sales documents and promotional materials such as updated channel presentations, corporate sales presentations, business decks for new sales ideas and pitches, sales reports, budget and forecasting information, market intelligence – as may be required and advised from time to time.
• Also working with the Affiliate Marketing team in the supply of promotional materials and help in premium selection and production
• External client contact required; as well as liaison with internal departments such as management, legal, programming, finance, research, marketing/PR, and HR
• Maintain smartcard lists and database – and support queries alongside this, such as activation and termination of cards, simple broadcast issues/reporting and tech supply.
• Support smaller affiliates with the Affiliate Partnerships team eg through use of competitions – identify key promotables suitable for competition support, source merchandise/possible prizes etc
• Management/coordination of assigned sales projects
• Keep abreast of product performance and channel research to help measure success of the channels and marketing or other associated activities and help identify audience support and shifts etc
• Research into sales markets and ability to use internal systems (such as Oracle and Beatrix) to analyse markets and provide data to support Head of International Advertising and Commercial Strategy and for use by other member of the Affiliate Partnerships/Sales team.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to work to tight (and ever changing) deadlines across a range of cultures and personalities. To show strong initiative and ability to prioritise.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Strong inter personal skills.
• Computer experience – powerpoint, word, excel, social media
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• To show initiative
• Internal – all internal departments as may be involved with the sales teams from time to time, including international employees.
• External – sales clients and sales agents