Senior Brand and Content Marketing Manager DTC CE
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Senior Brand and Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development of Central Europe regional marketing strategies and best in class marketing campaigns for Disney+, at both an overarching brand level and IP specific executions. The focus, and measurement of success, is to build brand awareness, understanding and consideration of Disney+, as well as awareness and excitement of high priority content drops.
This role is responsible for the CE brand and content marketing strategy and execution. This includes prioritising a diverse range of content to market, which will deliver against local business and brand objectives, as well as creating campaigns that drive awareness of new exclusive and original content in order to deliver core KPIs across acquisition and engagement. The individual will have to work hand in glove with other Disney+ departments including performance, retention, research and insights teams, PR, social media and partnerships to help to plan integrated strategies.
The successful candidate will also be expected to build excellent relationships with regional teams across EMEA and be the key point of contact for local market colleagues where brand is concerned.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage creation and execution of industry leading, insight led, innovative, distinctive & effective brand and IP campaigns on CE markets, ensuring they are aligned to the strategy against the consumer and commercial needs to achieve the business goals.
- Responsibility for designing and delivering solus campaigns across a wide range of series and movies, and genres, including Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, National Geographic and Star.
- Embedding a content campaign planning process which enables a high number of campaigns to be delivered in all markets on time and to budget
- Improving campaign effectiveness and efficiencies through delivering post-campaign analysis and integrating creative testing and cross-media campaign findings.
- Day to day management of the media agency, building a strong and trusted partnership to ensure continued innovative and effective campaigns.
- Close cooperation with the creative development, production and execution of all brand and monthly content promo campaigns for CE markets to amplify and localise against their content line up and headroom focus.
- Work with the Disney+ leaders to set the campaign communication guidelines and track reach, frequency, spend and impact for all brand campaigns, and manage post campaign reporting & analysis ensuring learnings and recommendations flow into future activity.
- Setting annual, quarterly and rolling strategies and plans for CE marketing, helping to improve key brand metrics, and ensuring best-in-class delivery by working closely with local DTC business lines and Regional Marketing leads based in London.
- Creative excellence in execution for maximum awareness and engagement across all content campaigns, to drive intent to subscribe.
- Support the Disney+ Leader in management of the brand marketing budget and assist in budget tracking and annual planning.
- Understand the direct competitor environment from a brand perspective (TV, SVOD, Theatrical), and other subscription businesses (gaming, etc) applying data, analysis and insights to gain competitive advantage.
- Represent the brand management team within regional cross LoB meetings as required and recommend opportunities, which will help to enhance the Disney+ brand and accelerate growth.
- Lead and coach direct reports to train and deploy brand marketing theory, strategies and plans to ensure the team is knowledgeable, motivated and excited to deliver regional plans.
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
- Significant marketing experience at a Senior Manager level or ready to promote to this level
- Experience within the Entertainment industry and the VOD business (preferably SVOD)
- Experience working on developing and deploying brand campaigns and marketing toolkits
- Central Europe regional experience including understanding market environment, communications and cultural nuances will be an advantage
- Ability to oversee and manage high impact, large budget end to end marketing campaigns
- Experience managing and developing a team of Marketers
- Media, creative agency and production experience including writing inspirational briefs
- Budget management experience
- Strong strategic marketing capabilities and implementation skills
- Meticulous organisational skills in order to balance design and delivery of multiple campaigns at a time
- Deep knowledge of the SVOD market and close competitors
- Ability to manage, motivate and inspire teams
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Inquisitive mindset in order to be consumer centric
- Data centric and KPI focused
- Commercial acumen
- MS Office advanced skills (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Fluent English
- Inspires others through engaging, exciting, envisioning and enabling others to execute their plans
- Provides appropriate direction, resources and environment required for success
- Recognises and rewards the achievements of others whilst willing to address performance issues and takes appropriate action
- Passion to understands consumer audiences and headroom to apply this knowledge to develop insights and benefits for campaign briefs
- Recognises business opportunities, industry trends, and media opportunities which will enable Disney+ to connect best with consumers
- Is data and insight driven, appreciating the different consumer dynamics by market to enable the designing and delivery of campaigns
- Establishes strong relationships and manages the needs of diverse group of stakeholders
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding and delivers relevant information appropriately and in a timely manner as required
- Capable of working as one team to benefit the whole business and support one another by seeking out a wide range of diverse opinions and experience in order to be inclusive
Innovative & Agile
- Is creative and curious, proactively looking for new opportunities and how to improve
- Supports fresh thinking, champions change and demonstrates agility in adapting to change quickly, easily & lightly whilst managing and coaching others through change
- Conceives creative ideas to solve problems or meet objectives and is willing to take calculated risks
Professional & Functional Excellence
- Committed to doing the best they can by translating strategy into specific plans and campaigns in an effective and efficient manner