New Vacancy: Associate/Communications Officer
Office for Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe in Warsaw, Poland
International Monetary Fund
The position of Associate/Communications Officer based in the Warsaw office of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is a full-time local contractual position with an initial appointment term of one year, renewable and eventually convertible to three-year terms. It carries a competitive salary and local benefits package. The selected candidate will report to the Senior Resident Representative in Warsaw and will liaise with both the communications team of the IMF’s European Department and Communications Department in HQ. The primary focus will be to help shape and implement the IMF’s outreach strategy in Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe in the region. He or she will support the IMF regional offices in Warsaw and Vienna as well as other offices in region.
His or her main duties and responsibilities will include:
- support outreach by IMF Management, the Director of the IMF’s European Department, the Regional Resident representatives in Warsaw and Vienna, and other IMF staff.
- help distribute the IMF’s flagship reports (World Economic Outlook, Regional Economic Outlook, Global Financial Stability Report, Fiscal Monitor Report) and other forms of communication (blogs, podcasts, press releases) in the region
- conduct outreach via multiple communications platforms, particularly social media platforms.
- identify and target the relevant audience for the policy debate in the region, including key reporters, parliamentarians, and think tanks
- organize events andmedia engagements including interviews and background briefings
- translate communication products as required
- monitor and flag relevant coverage of the IMF in the local media
The selected candidate will have:
- At least 8-10 years of work experience in communications and/or government relations.
- A sound grasp of economics and finance.
- Command of social media
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills, with ability to draft OpEds and speeches in both English and a regional language
- Knowledge of web design, web content maintenance, and video skills is a plus.
- Knowledge of key media players in the Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe region
- Personal initiative and sound judgment, while also being a committed team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills, to interact effectively and tactfully across all seniority levels.
- An ability to multi-task under pressure and work outside regular office hours as needed.
- Experience organizing high-level events.
- A university degree in a relevant field of study.
- The right to work in the European Union.
Interested candidates should send a resume and statement of interest to Geoff Gottlieb (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Barbara Kostrzewa (email@example.com) no later than December 15, 2022